Fairfield Institute of Management and Technology is organizing a 2nd National Moot Court Competition, 2023, to be held from 27 April to 29 April, where law students nationwide can participate.
Moot Court Competition helps law students analyse legal topics and work on their research. Law Students learn to work in teams and learn from their teammates. Law Students can demonstrate their advocacy skills and legal skills. Students can improve their confidence and speaking skills.
About Fairfield Institute of Management and Technology
The Fairfield Institute of Management and Technology (FIMT) is a NAAC-accredited prestigious college in Delhi with an ambience representing the academic culture of the capital town of the largest democracy in the world and a vibrant emerging economy. Established by the Fairfield Group of Institutions, it is an “A‟ Grade College approved by the Government of NCT of Delhi, affiliated to the prestigious Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
FIMT is approved by the Bar Council of India and National Council for Teacher Education and other authenticating bodies. It is backed by a legacy of 48 years of shaping students’ careers in the country in areas of Management, Commerce, Teachers‟ Education, Journalism, Information and Communication Technology, Humanities, and Law and Legal Studies.
2nd National Moot Court Competition by FIMT College for Law Students
Fairfield -FIMT-School of Law, Moot Court Society conducting this competition in collaboration with the District Legal Services Authority (DSLSA). The competition will be in the form of an oral proceeding, giving a real-life simulation of a court proceeding in which we see how convincing the argument is given by the student based on law and other aspects of one’s court ethics and verbal ability.
The competition shall be conducted in physical mode at the Fairfield Institute of Management & Technology, FIMT Campus, Kapashera, New Delhi, from 27th – 29th April 2023.
Eligibility and Team Composition
All students who are legitimately enrolled on a regular basis in a law course or a course that is an equivalent offered by a recognized college, institution, or university are eligible to participate in the
• A recognized College/Institution/University shall be entitled to send only one Team to the Competition. Each Team shall comprise three members. Two members shall be designated as Speakers and the third member shall be designated as a Researcher.
• Each Team shall comprise three (3) members, two (2) members shall be designated as Speakers and the third member shall be designated as a Researcher
How to Register for Moot Court Competition
Each team must register by filling up the Registration Form with all the necessary details available at the FIMT School of Law official website and by paying the registration fees as provided in the rules of competition.
• shall complete such registration on or before 15th March 2023 (11:59pm)
• A scanned bonafide letter issued by the appropriate authority of the Team’s recognized College/
Institution/ University shall be uploaded on the google form.
• Once a team registers by completing the formalities given in the rules of the competition, a code
(herein after “TEAM CODE”) shall be assigned to the Team by 25th March 2023.
The registration fee for the competition is 1,000 (₹). With accommodation, it is 5,000 (₹). The registration fee shall be non-refundable and paid by all teams. Accommodation shall be provided on a first-come-first-serve basis to the teams.
Date of Event/ Competition on 27th -29th April 2023.
• Registrations are to be done on or before 15th March 2023.
• Clarifications on the Moot Problem are to be sent before
• Submission of Soft Copy Memorials on or before
• Submission of Hard Copy Memorials on or before
• Commencement of Oral Rounds
– 28th March 2023.
– 7th April 2023.
– 14th April 2023.
– 27th- 29thApril, 2023.
Prizes and Awards for Law Students
- Winning Team: Cash Prize of INR 31,000/- + Trophy + Certificate
- Runner-up Team: Cash Prize of INR 15,000/- + Trophy + Certificate
- Best Memorial: Cash Prize of INR 5,100/- + Trophy + Certificate
- Best Speaker: Cash Prize of INR 5,100/- + Trophy + Certificate
- Best Researcher: Cash Prize of INR 5,100/- + Trophy + Certificate
- A certificate of Participation shall be provided to all the participants.
Keep visiting The Ganga Times for such beautiful articles. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Koo for regular updates.