According to the sources, Mumbai Vande Metro will be the first Vande Metro in India. Check out the details about the Mumbai Vande Metro’s route, facilities, timetable and ticket price.
According to the Senior railway official of Integral Coach Factory, The Mumbai Vande Metro is an advanced AC local train. The Vande Metro will be in complete air condition, and its carrying capacity will be more than 10 per cent compared to current local trains in Mumbai. All the coaches were linked with broader space so passengers could walk end to end. The Vande Metro train has more power and better acceleration, which helps to a higher speed in less time.
Mumbai Vande Metro Facilities
- The train will have 10% more seating capacity.
- New Vande Metro will be the 100% air conditions.
- The train is designed in a way so that it will run on a flooded track also.
- There are multiple coaches can be added to the new Vande Metro.
- All the coaches will have an Automatic door-closing system.
- Separate AC vendor compartments at both ends of the train so that smell of vegetables and fish does not enter passenger coaches.
- Stainless steel fittings for better aesthetics.
- The new train has CCTV surveillance.
- Every coach will display a large LCD screen for the station name display.
- The coaches are designed so ladies, the physically disabled and senior citizens can easily travel on them.
- There will be luggage compartments in Mumbai Vande Metro.
Mumbai Vande Metro Route
According to the Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation (MRVC), Railway Board has approved the procurement of 238 Vande Bharat Metro trains for Mumbai. These rakes will be procured under the ambitious Mumbai Urban Transport Project-III (MUTP-III) and 3A (MUTP-3A). These Mumbai Vande Metro will run on all routes currently running by Mumbai local trains.
Mumbai Vande Metro Timetable
The Vande Metro has not arrived yet in Mumbai; after the train trial run, Mumbai Railway will announce the final timing of the Vande Metro of Mumbai. As per the media report, Vande Metro in Mumbai will run simultaneously with the local train run. The speed of Vande Metro will be higher than the local train, so the train’s timing may change.
Mumbai Vande Metro Ticket Price
Many people welcome the decision of the new Vande Metro in Mumbai, but many are worried about fares. Most of Mumbaikar cannot afford to travel on the AC train, and for them, Vande Metro fare can be pretty expensive and not easy to fit into their pocket money. Railway officials have not yet announced the monthly pass ticket price for Mumbai Vande Metro. According to the sources, the Mumbai Vande Metro ticket price will be three times higher than the non-AC local train.