In this blog, we shall learn how to deactivate your Instagram account on temporary basis. The process will be in 5 simple steps.
Instagram is one of the world’s most popular social media platforms. The American photo and video sharing social networking site was launched in October 2010 originally for iOS. It rapidly gained so much popularity with one million registered users in two months. The android version was launched in April 2012.
On march 1, Instagram launched a new feature named Instagram live “rooms” which means maximum four people can go live together. Latest in may 2021, Instagram announced a new feature for videos on Instagram reels and stories to allow the creators to place closed captions.
Just like facebook and various other social media platforms, Instagram also sometimes updates many posts that spreads fake news and misinformation. Even sometimes Instagram provides with such a content which is not being shown in front of children. This could be the reason that why you want to deactivate your Instagram account or may be sometimes people just want to stay away from all this social media because they don’t want to socialize themselves anymore. For deactivation, Instagram provides with two options. You can either temporarily deactivate your account or delete it permanently which removes all your photos, videos, likes, comments and followers.
Let’s now understand how to deactivate your Instagram account in 5 steps:
- Log into your Instagram profile from the mobile.
- Click your profile from the top right corner and then select the edit profile option.
- Now scroll down and then tap to click the “temporarily disable my account” option in the bottom right.
- Instagram will show you a page with a drop down menu that why you are disabling your account? Then, you’ll need to pick an option from the menu and then re-enter your password.
- Tap or click the “temporarily disable account” button to accomplish with the deactivation process.
Here are a few things to know before learning How to deactivate your Instagram account:
- You can delete your Instagram account permanently on the account deletion page.
- If you want to recover your Instagram account later, Instagram allows deactivation of your account on temporary basis.