One of the most well-liked professions or fields worldwide is medicine. Many students have a keen interest in medicine and desire to continue their education in this area. Here is all information related to the DMLT course.
The medical area offers a wide variety of courses. One of the most well-liked courses among many students is Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT). Medical Laboratory Technology (MLS) programmes come at many levels and are provided by numerous institutions and universities. Popular MLT courses with students generally fall into one of three categories –
- B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Technology
- BMLT (Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology)
- DMLT (Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology)
In this article, we will briefly go over the DMLT’s specifics, including its full form, the application procedure, the cost associated with it, available employment opportunities, curriculum, and colleges.
Table of Contents
- DMLT Full Form
- DMLT Course Eligibility After 10th and 12th
- DMLT Courses Admission 2022
- DMLT Course Syllabus 2022
- DMLT Colleges
- Job Opportunities After DMLT
DMLT Full Form
The full form of DMLT is Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology in medical. This is a two-year diploma programme. DLMT is the study of chemicals and the application of biological tools in the lab. Aspirants can take the course to understand the research into various ailments. You can acquire various skills in this course, such as managing patient records and using electrical equipment, among many other things.
During this course, you can acquire in-depth knowledge of Biochemistry, Microbiology, Immunology, Pathology, Blood Banking, and other topics. You will also learn about the many bodily organ testing procedures, including blood tests, heart rate tests, blood sugar tests, urine tests, oxygen tests, blood pressure tests, diagnostic tests, cholesterol tests, and a lot more. There are thousands of students searching every month about what is DMLT ka full form and the right answer is Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology in paramedical.
DMLT Course After 10th and 12th
Although certain prestigious colleges may have slightly varying requirements, most of them are the same as those listed below:
- Physics, chemistry, and biology must all be included in the applicant’s class 10+2 aggregate grades at a minimum of 50%. These are the three key topics that are taken into account during the admissions process.
- After class 10, some institutions offer DMLT programmes; however, the requirements are a little more stringent in these instances. If you wish to enrol in a college after class 10, you can select Madras Christian College, for example.
- There are further requirements for eligibility, such as passing entrance exams. When you have verified these prerequisites, keep an eye out for the entrance exam test.
DMLT Entrance Exam
For the Diploma in Medical Laboratory programme, there is no separate entrance exam. Nevertheless, a selected few renowned universities, such as NIMS University and St. Johns Medical College, conduct a single entrance test to choose candidates. The following are a few examples of relevant admission exams:
Jamia Hamdard Entrance Test: Candidates must take the Jamia Hamdard Entrance Test to be considered for DMLT admission at Jamia Hamdard. An academic entrance test is administered each year for a variety of Jamia Hamdard courses.
Amity University Entrance Exam: Students may enrol in the Amity DMLT programme by taking the annual admissions exam offered by Amity University. Additionally, you must have received at least 50% on your 10+2 exam to be eligible for this entrance exam.
MET: The Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) administers the MET test each year to determine who will be admitted to the university’s several UG and PG degree programmes.
DMLT Course Entrance Exam Syllabus
The entrance exam for DMLT admissions will follow a syllabus developed from earlier coursework. The entire paper will consist of four sections: biology, chemistry, physics, and English. 200 questions from the specified curriculum will be included in the exam’s layout. Each question will be worth one mark, and each incorrect response will be worth a point less.
DMLT Course Admission 2022
To register for admission to DMLT colleges, there are primarily two methods: one is an offline process, and the other is an online process. Let’s talk about this in brief phases.
- Fill out the application form on the college’s official website to create your profile first.
- Visit the college’s official website and look for the DMLT course online application.
- Complete the application by providing all the necessary information.
- You will then be prompted to upload a specific document.
- Your Grade 10 Report Card
- Your Grade 12 Report Card
- Your School Leaving Certificate
- Identity Proof, like Aadhaar Card
- A Passport Size Photo
- Your Name Signed on a White Paper
- Results of the Entrance Exam
- The following step is to pay the entrance fee after uploading your documents.
- You are given a receipt after making the payment.
- The final step is to physically provide your documentation to the college and receive your roll number.
- Congratulations! You’ve completed all the requirements.
You completed all of the aforementioned steps offline by visiting the college when using the offline approach.
You should go to the counselling session if you are granted entrance. Your allotment letter is obtained from that. You visit the college to which you have been assigned after receiving the letter of allocation and enrol.
DMLT Course Syllabus
The Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT) course syllabus, as provided by various Universities and Colleges, is detailed below according to each semester –
|First Semester||Second Semester||Third Semester||Fourth Semester|
|Anatomy of a Human||Physiology of Man||Human Physiology II||Techniques of Histopathology|
|Clinical Biochemistry Fundamentals||Biochemistry Fundamentals||Technical and Metabolic Biochemistry||Pathology Laboratory|
|Human Science Fundamentals||Technology of Information and Communication||Microbiology||Microbiology in Clinical Practice|
|Communication in English||Community Improvement||Activities for Community Development II||Pathology in Clinical Practice|
DMLT Institute and Colleges in India
There are many colleges in India that provide a DMLT course. They have accreditation from the MCI, the DCI, the UGC, and the AICTE, among others. Below is a list of a few of the oldest colleges to offer DMLT courses. You can choose whichever option from the list best suits you. While still being owned by private organisations, several of them are government colleges.
- Institute of Public Health and Hygiene – New Delhi
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College (JLNMC) – Bhagalpur, Bihar.
- Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute – Bangalore, Karnataka.
- NIMS University – Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research – Kolkata, West Bengal
- Maharajah Institute of Medical Science – Vizianagaram, Andhra Pradesh.
- PES Institute of Medical Science and Research – Kuppam, Andhra Pradesh.
- Maharaja Krishna Chandra Gajapati Medical College and Hospital – Berhampur, Orissa.
- Maharashtra University of Health Science – Maharashtra
- King George Medical University.
- Government TD. Medical College – Alappuzha, Kerala
- St John’s Medical College – Banglore, Karnataka.
- Sharda University – Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- Jaipur National University – Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- NRI Medical College – Gunthur, Andhra Pradesh
- Smt. NHL Municipal Medical College – Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Aligarh Muslim University – Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh.
- Government Medical College – Amritsar, Punjab.
DMLT Course Fees
DMLT Course Fees vary between colleges. When compared to government colleges, private colleges typically charge more for DMLT courses. I offer you examples of fees assessed by both public and private organisations.
From Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 2,000,000 per year for Government Institutes.
And from 60,000 to 4,00,000 each year for Private Institutes.
DMLT course fees also depend on whether you are taking admission after the 10th or 12th. Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology course fees is not very expensive as compared to other professional and paramedical courses. Many college or Institute offers loan facility also for DMLT course fees.
Job Opportunities After DMLT
Health care is becoming more and more popular among people, who now rank health as their top priority. As a result, it generates numerous job openings in the medical industry. Another factor is that new technology is created or invented every day by individuals. In the field of medical science, technology is crucial. The DMLT course covers a wide range of medical technology topics. As a result, technology also generates numerous new work prospects. The following job opportunities are available to students when they complete the DMLT course:
- Physiotherapy Technician
- Renal Dialysis Technician
- Radiology Technician
- Operation Theatre Technician
- CT Scan Technicians
- Lab Assistant
- Laboratory System Analyst
- Clinical Operator
- Medical Writers for Websites
- Medical Lab Technician
- Laboratory Manager
- Healthcare Administrator
- Medical Officer
- Doctor Assistant
- Pathology Technician
- MRI Technician
- X-Ray Technician
- Radiology Technician
DMLT Job Areas
- Health Care Companies
- Government Hospitals
- Private Hospitals
- Clinical Laboratory
- Research Centers
- Diagnosis Centers
- Forensic Laboratory
- Paramedical Colleges
- Medical Agencies
- Blood Banks
Salary After DMLT Course
The salary range for trainee-level executives is between Rs. 10,000 and Rs 20,000 per month, and they can work directly in a hospital or a lab. A knowledgeable and experienced professional can, however, make more money.
With pay ranging from Rs 30,000 to Rs 40,000 per month for DMLT holders, the government is the ideal employer.
Some of the top medical facilities and laboratories in the nation offer a comparable compensation range, with senior technicians having the potential to make over Rs 40,000 per month.